Great news! American Queen Voyages is continuously updating their protocols to allow more guests to travel! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Pre-Cruise Covid-19 testing is no longer required or provided on all River experiences (American Queen, American Empress, American Duchess, American Countess) beginning August 1, 2022.
Need to know information
- Guests will check-in at the pre-cruise hotel on the day prior to embarkation and complete a health questionnaire. At this time, all guests must participate in a free COVID-19 test (Antigen).
- Guests may also provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test by an accredited third-party with results from within two days of embarkation.
American Queen Steamboat Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need a vaccine to travel on an American Queen Cruise?
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all guests and crew for all sailings and vaccination documentation will be requested and must be provided prior to boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
- Masks are optional for guests and crew onboard including the embarkation process and while riding our shore excursion motor coaches.
- Mask are required for those symptomatic guests and crew awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- State and local municipalities may implement mask requirements.
Can I get off the ship at port?
American Queen Voyages have always taken great care to provide a carefully planned, personalized experience ashore. With small ship capacities, and even small excursion groups, shore excursions will be able to continue in an enjoyable manner.
Things to know:
- Liquid hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the motorcoach doors for all guests.
- Masks are optional on shore excursion motorcoaches.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.
Are you ready to book your next vacation? Book with Vacation Outlet for great fares and valuable benefits! You get more when you book with us instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits.
Call 800-825-3633 or book online at Vacation Outlet today.