Great news! American Queen Voyages are back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Need to know information
- River guests (American Queen®, American Duchess®, American Countess™ and American Empress®) must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test within three days of the embarkation day.
- Lakes & Oceans and Expedition guests (Ocean Voyager™, Ocean Navigator™ and Ocean Victory™) must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test within two days of the embarkation day. If guest received eligible COVID-19 booster shot, guest may provide a negative COVID-19 PCR within three days of embarkation.
Effective March 19, 2022:
- Guests will check-in at the pre-cruise hotel on the day prior to embarkation and complete a health questionnaire. At this time, all guests must participate in a free COVID-19 test (Antigen).
- Guests may also provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test by an accredited third-party with results from within two days of embarkation.
American Queen Steamboat Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need a vaccine to travel on an American Queen Cruise?
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all guests and crew for all sailings and vaccination documentation will be requested and must be provided prior to boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Masks will be required during the embarkation process and while riding on our shore excursion motorcoaches. Masks will be provided (one per guest) in each guest cabin and additional masks will be available upon request. Masks are not required onboard. *Unless mandated by local governments and municipalities
Can I get off the ship at port?
American Queen Voyages have always taken great care to provide a carefully planned, personalized experience ashore. With small ship capacities, and even small excursion groups, shore excursions will be able to continue in an enjoyable manner.
Things to know:
- Liquid hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the motorcoach doors for all guests.
- Masks are required on shore excursion motorcoaches.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Vacation Outlet offers the best 2022 cruise specials – always at outlet prices!
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.