Great news! Scenic Cruise ships are back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Need to know information
Pre-Cruise boarding checklist:
- Complete a health questionnaire prior to sailing.
- Proof of Vaccine - indicating the guests 12 and over have completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sail date.
- Negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of embarkation for all guests (2 and above) regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks - All guests, ages two and above, are required to wear masks at all times when indoors, except when eating or drinking or when in their own staterooms and when outdoors if in large gatherings and physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Scenic Luxury Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need to provide a negative PCR Covid-19 test prior to embarking my cruise?
Scenic requires guests to provide the relevant proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test (taken within 72 hours of their voyage departure), when boarding the ship.
Do I need to be fully vaccinated to travel?
Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours will only accept fully vaccinated guests on-board our river ships and on-board Scenic Eclipse. We currently recognise the following vaccines for embarkation. We will also accept a combination of two different vaccines from this list:
- 2 doses BioNTech & Pfizer
- 2 doses Moderna
- 2 doses AstraZeneca
- 1 doses Johnson & Johnson
- 2 doses Sputnik V
- 2 doses Sinopharm / Sinovac
While Scenic can accept these vaccines, guests are responsible for ensuring that countries transited to and from the port of embarkation / disembarkation also accept these vaccines.
Should a guest be in receipt of a vaccination not listed above, but which is approved by their National Health Authority, Scenic will consider acceptance on a case-by-case basis.
Are Booster Vaccinations Required?
The requirement for booster vaccinations is being carefully monitored, however at the time of issue of this document, Scenic does not require booster vaccinations for guests or crew.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Face masks should be carried by guests at all time. However, are only required to be worn when moving through the ship, where social distancing is not possible. Face masks will be available in guest’s suites and from the Reception desk on board.
Can I get off the ship at port?
While we are planning to operate our schedule of on-shore excursions, they will be conducted according to local Covid-19 requirements and so the following may apply:
- Opening times of venues may be changed
- Group sizes may be changed or adjusted on a daily basis
- There may be other amendments to excursions, due to possible closures, or routing changes etc.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Are you ready to book your next vacation? Book with Vacation Outlet for great fares and valuable benefits! You get more when you book with us instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits.
Call 800-825-3633 or book online at Vacation Outlet today.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.