If you are fully vaccinated you can pick up traveling pretty much where you left off prior to the pandemic. Traveling unvaccinated is still an option but be prepared for more testing. Below is more details on how to protect yourself and others when you travel:
If you are fully vaccinated:
- During travel: Wear a mask over your nose and mouth on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation and follow all state and local recommendations.
- After travel: Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, isolate and get tested if develop symptoms.
If you are unvaccinated:
- Before you travel: Get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip.
- During travel: Wear a mask over your nose and mouth on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation and continue to wear a mask and maintain physical distance when traveling.
- After you travel:
- Get tested viral test 3-5 days before your trip AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel. (Even if test negative but if you test positive quarantine for 14 days)
- If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.