Passengers who decide to travel are advised to take the following precautions to protect others for 14 days after their return from a cruise ship voyage:
- Get tested 3–5 days after your trip and stay home for 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- If you don't get tested, it's safest to stay home for 14 days after travel.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.
- Always follow state and local recommendations or requirements related to travel.