Great news! Oceania Cruise ships is back the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Am I required to test for Covid prior to traveling?
As the entry requirements by country are evolving, we recommend that all guests consult with local government websites to determine the country specific information for your port of embarkation as many countries require a negative Covid-19 PCR test that is not older than 48 or 72 hours prior to arrival in-country. Even if the country where your cruise embarks does not require a negative Covid-19 PCR test for entry, Oceania Cruises strongly recommends you obtain a PCR test not more than 72 hours prior to embarkation. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a laboratory administered COVID-19 Antigen test not more than 72 hours prior to embarkation. Guests that fail to test prior to departure or cannot provide proof of a negative laboratory supplied test result and subsequently test positive for COVID-19 upon embarkation will not be reimbursed for quarantine or return embarkation arrangements.
Are children allowed to sail on your ships if they are not vaccinated?
The safety and security of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit is our number one priority. In order to provide the safest cruise experience possible, all guests and crew will need to be fully vaccinated for all sailings. Therefore, minors who have not yet been eligible to be vaccinated will not be permitted to sail. Minors who have been fully vaccinated are welcome to sail. We look forward to the day when we can safely welcome all guests of all ages back on board our ships, when the public health environment allows us to modify our protocols accordingly. We will continue to constantly evaluate our health and safety protocols with our expert Council and will follow the latest science to determine requirements for all future sailings. We are committed to keeping our guests updated of any policy changes as far in advance as possible of their scheduled vacation.
Do I need a Vaccine to travel on an Oceania Cruise?
Oceania will require all passengers and crew members are required to be fully vaccinated at least 2 week prior to embarkation. Guests and crew will also need to show proof of a negative PCR test carried out within 72 hours of boarding the ship.
Things to know:
- All guests will undergo pre-embarkation health screening including an enhanced health questionnaire and touchless temperature check.
- We’ve designed an enhanced, staggered embarkation process and new check-in system to streamline check in for guests by allowing documents to be signed electronically.
- Additionally, embarkation terminals will be disinfected continuously, and where possible, fogged before and after each embarkation and debarkation
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
What Vaccines will be Accepted?
- Any FDA/EMA/WHO authorized single brand vaccination protocol ≥2 weeks after receipt of the final dose.
- I.e. J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (Vaxzevria & CoviShield), etc.
- A mixed vaccination combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO Emergency Use Listed (EUL) COVID-19 twodose series with a minimum interval of 17 days.
- Note: Individuals receiving a Janssen COVID-19 vaccine before or after another COVID-19 vaccine are considered fully vaccinated against COVID19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.
What documents will be required to show proof of vaccination and when do we provide them?
Guests must acknowledge vaccination status prior to their sailing and bring proof of vaccination to the terminal for their cruise. Proof must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either the country’s health authority that administered the vaccine or the guest’s medical provider that completed the vaccine administration. Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form. Communication regarding proof of vaccination submission will be sent to all booked guests within the 30 days prior to setting sail.
Please Note: Photos of Physical Vaccination Card Will Not Be Accepted
Do I need to wear a mask?
Vaccinated guests will not be required to wear a facemask or maintain physical distancing while on board. Guests will have to follow all local guidance at the destinations we visit, including testing/health screening, mask wearing, physical distancing and organized/independent activities.
No-touch food and beverage service is being implemented across all ships with service staff stationed ship-wide, including Terrace Café, Horizons, Baristas, Waves Grill and all restaurants and lounges.
Things to know:
- All guests should carefully review pre-booking and pre-travel health advice on our website and the website of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Crew members are required to wear a mask or protective visor when in contact with guests.
- Guests will be asked to wear a mask in hallway corridors and will be recommended in public spaces.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Vaccinated guests may participate in Oceania sponsored tours or independent activities.
All guests are required to follow the protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore. These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice. We encourage you to come prepared for potential requirements ashore which may apply to health screening/testing, masks, physical distancing, organized tours/independent activities, etc.
Things to know:
- We constantly monitor the health environment across the globe and will modify or cancel itineraries to affected areas as needed.
- We’re partnering with our local destinations and tour operators to extend our comprehensive health & safety protocols to shore.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Health & Safety on the Ship
Our concern for your health and well-being begins well before your journey starts and continues each and every day aboard our ships, which feature stringent health and sanitation protocols.
Things to know:
- Continuous Ship-Wide Disinfection & Daily Fogging of All Suites, Staterooms & Public Spaces - Our 24/7 prevention schedule will feature continuous disinfection of public areas and high-traffic touch points as well as daily fogging of all staterooms and suites, public spaces, and guest corridors. The fogging process utilizes a hospital-grade oxidant that is natural, safe, and non-toxic. Guest staterooms and suites will receive intensive microbial disinfection daily, which includes fogging of the entire space inclusive of bathrooms and closets.
- Upgraded Medical-Grade Air Filters - Strategic installation of medical-grade air filters to provide cleaner air for our guests. The upgraded H13 HEPA air filters are capable of removing 99.9% of airborne pathogens and are fine enough to catch particles of COVID-19.
- H13 HEPA is one of the highest grades of particulate air filter, capable of removing 99.9% of all particulates 0.1 microns or larger.
- Dedicated Public Health Officer - Each ship will have a dedicated Public Health Officer on board, responsible for the oversight of all outbreak prevention initiatives. Additionally, they will monitor the day-to-day sanitation and cleanliness of all public areas and accommodations, maintaining compliance with the CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program. They will work hand in hand with the ship’s medical team on board as well as the corporate Public Health and Medical departments shore-side.
- Changing Itineraries - We constantly monitor the global health map and cancel or modify itineraries to impacted areas as needed. We may also prevent guests and crew who have recently traveled through high-risk locations from boarding.
Vacation Outlet offers the best 2022 cruise specials – always at outlet prices!
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.