Cruise Pause Extended to Include 10 Europe Cruises Through June 2021
Seattle, Wash. – While Holland America Line continues to work with government and port authorities to develop its plans to return to cruising, the company is extending its pause of European cruise operations to include departures through June 30, 2021.
Cruises affected by this pause in operation are:
- Nieuw Statendam: departures through November 7, 2021
- Volendam: departures through November 10, 2021
- Rotterdam: departures through September 19, 2021
The Following Ships will Swap
- Westerdam voyages in Europe departing May 1 through November 5, 2022 will now sail on Oosterdam
- Oosterdam voyages in Alaska departing May 18 through September 18, 2022 will now sail on Westerdam
- In addition, three voyages – two aboard Oosterdam in the South Pacific and one aboard Westerdam on a Transatlantic to the Mediterranean – have been cancelled.
Holland America Line is closely following the protocol set forth by the CDC, and is preparing ships and implementing procedures to meet all requirements for approval to sail following the pause.
In the most recent update Holland America is now giving you 3 options to choose from:
Impacted guests can elect to 1) move to a future sailing 2) accept a Future Cruise Credit, or 3) request a refund:
- Option 1 (Move to a Future Sailing) - If you are currently booked on the canceled Europe departures you will be able to rebook on an equivalent cruise in 2022 at the 2021 fare – with all cash and Future Cruise Credit (FCC) funds moved to the new booking.
Option 2 (Future Cruise Credit)– You can select a Future Cruise Credits (FCC), equal to 110% of the amount deposited (up to the base cruise fare amount) on the booking.
- The Future Cruise Credits may be used to book sailings departing through December 31, 2022.
Option 3 (Refund) – Request a full refund of monies paid to Holland America Line.
- The amount received by Holland America Line in excess of the base cruise fare can be transferred to a new booking or will be refunded to the method of payment used for the original purchase.
Check here for the most up to date information on Cruise Line Health & Safety Requirements, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, and shore excursion.
Vacation Outlet offers the best 2021 cruise specials – always at outlet prices!