We hope that amid this global pandemic, you have remained healthy and safe. We are facing truly unprecedented times as the coronavirus pandemic continues to have unexpected consequences on our communities and businesses. However, we remain optimistic that each day that passes, is another day closer to less uncertainty, more recoveries, and getting back to regular day-to-day.
After consulting with the CDC and our partners at Cruise Lines International Association, we will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on-or-before 31 July 2020. We’re currently working directly with guests as well as travel advisors impacted by this temporary disruption.
As a result of this change, if you’re scheduled to sail with us before 31 July 2020, you will receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit to rebook with us by 31 December 2021 for any sailing through 30 April 2022.
This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid. And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance. Please note, if you previously opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, you do not qualify for this offer.
We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit via email as follows:
|IF YOUR SAILING IS BETWEEN:||EXPECT YOUR FCC NO LATER THAN:|
|15 March - 10 April||13 April 2020|
|11 April - 11 May||30 April 2020|
|12 May - 11 June||22 May 2020|
|12 June - 31 July||30 June 2020|
Can I book my next cruise before I receive the cancelled sailings Future Cruise Credit?
- You can make a deposit and book a future sailing; however, we recommend waiting until you receive your Future Cruise Credit. It will be issued Monday, 13 April 2020. You can then apply it to your new reservation.
Can the Future Cruise Credit be used for the deposit?
- Future Cruise Credit must be applied to the cruise fare and cannot be used for the deposit.
How long will I have to redeem my Future Cruise Credit?
- All cruise with confidence Future Cruise Credits must be redeemed on sailings departing on or before December 31, 2021.
What happens if there's a difference in cruise fare between the Future Cruise Credit I receive and the cruise that I would like to book next?
- If the cruise fare on your new booking exceeds the Future Cruise Credit value, you will have to pay the difference. Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the Future Cruise Credit value, a new Future Cruise Credit will be issued for the remaining balance.
If I choose the 125% FCC or refund, can I change my mind and “Lift and Shift” my sailing to next year instead?
- Unfortunately, no, once the FCC or refund process is completed, a you will need to create a new booking for a future sailing.