We have received the following information from Royal Caribbean Cruise line. There is no need to call us to process your cancellation. We are taking care of it for you!
At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew's safety and well-being are always our top priorities. After further consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet for all sailings through September 15th, 2020. Our goal is to resume operations on September 16, 2020. However, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:
- Canada sailings will be suspended through October 31, 2020, due to the Canadian government’s extended travel ban on cruise ship travel.
- Explorer of the Seas’ revitalization will take place August 2020 given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic. As a result, Explorer’s August 2020 sailings will be cancelled and the revitalization will be a technical dry dock where only routine maintenance work will take place.
- Cruise terminals will remain closed in Copenhagen, Denmark and as a result, on June 11th, 2020 we decided to cancel the following sailings: Jewel of the Seas August 8th, 16th, and 23rd, 2020 sailings, & Brilliance of the Seas August 21st, 2020 sailing.
- Bermuda sailings will be suspended through October 31st, 2020.
- And, after further review with CLIA, the CDC and local governments, we decided to:
- Cancel Voyager of the Seas sailings through September 30th, 2020
- Spectrum of the Seas and Quantum of the Seas sailings through July 2020.
- The Odyssey of the Seas will be delay their inaugural sailing and all sailings between November 5, 2020 - April 17, 2021 have been cancelled. The inaugural season from Rome will begin in Spring 2021 then to Ft Lauderdale in fall 2021.
- Important Updates onboard Odyssey:
- Spa Class has been removed from scope to aligned with the recent brand announcement,
- Trapeze School will no longer be offered in SeaPlex
- Age restrictions have been revisited for Sky Pad as follows:
- Jump: Changing from age 5+ years to now 7+ years
- Jump + VR Experience: Changing from 7+ years to now 13+ years
- Important Updates onboard Odyssey:
In the most recent update on 6/23/20 Royal Caribbean is now giving you 3 options to choose from:
Impacted guests confirmed on sailings departing June 12 – September 15, 2020 and Canada sailings through October 31, 2020 can elect to 1) accept a Future Cruise Credit, 2) move to a future sailing with the new Lift & Shift option, or 3) request a refund:
- Option 1: 125% Future Cruise Credit: Your best value! You will receive a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the amount paid, to be redeemed on-or-before December 31, 2021 on sailings through April 2022. This is the option you will automatically receive if you don't take any action.
- Option 2: Lift & Shift: On-or-before July 10, 2020, you can opt to move your existing booking to a 2021 sailing – we’re happy to move you! You will keep the original pricing and/or promotion on the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date in 2021. Chat with us or call for more details.
- For example, If you are booked for the July 4th week of 2020 then you must book either the same 4th of July week or within 4 weeks before or after that week in 2021. (June 4th-Aug 4th 2021 week).
- Option 3: Refund: If you wish to decline the higher value 125% Future Cruise Credit and receive a lower value 100% refund of the cruise fare, you must request a refund by December 31, 2020. If you are requesting a refund please chat with us or call for more details. *Note: refunds take 90 days to process.